Tuesday, December 23, 2008

POWAY

Is giving me headaches. HEAD ACHES
HEADACHESSS

hadaches, I wish i had aches
i wish I had a cabin and acres and a machine

to slow time so I could get ahead
ache
headache



Poway: MY HOME

I've been seeing friends and everything, which is really great, but the fun I've been having is being negated by too much food, too little sleep, and too much driving around with my parents.

I'm realizing how bad I am at maintaining friendly conversation with anyone these days. Every time I start talking to a parent or old friend or person I'm not comfortable standing through moments of silence with (that's a true point though, think about it- Your best friends aren't the ones you feel most comfortable talking to; they're the ones you are most comfortable being silent with) I just steamroll through a number of generic topics until I can find a suitable jumping off point for me to do something and leave the room. It's almost like a little game now, because the pattern is so predictable. I always wonder about what the other person thinks of the conversation and my consistently distrustful mind always assumes they don't really want to be listening to anything I have to say either.

I don't really know what to do about this. Be more of an asshole? I've been thinking a lot about this too and decided it's time for me to be meaner about stuff. Nice people never get anything done. Actually, this isn't true.




Woah that was a rant.
I've had a bad day.

Slacker is the best movie ever. I want to move to Austin 1991 so bad.




2 comments:

J.D. Amato said...

i know these days too well, blakecity. I know these days too well.

Brittany said...

I aspire to be like the anarchist grandpa when I'm a grown-up.