Saturday, January 17, 2009

I am fairly drunk right now but with the help of the google/blogspot.com spellcheck tool hopefully you will not notice.

I feel like I should post more when I'm drunk because then my insecurities won't be as prevalent and, umm, "inhibiting."

Lately I have been really into, Happy Go Lucky, which I downloaded illegally (missed the theatrical, sorry). Tis' a film by Mike Leigh which I found absolutely enrapturing, and really effective, but in the most human and non-dramtaic ways. The homeless scene seemed a little much. Then scene at her sister's house, though, was brilliant. It's a clear message but so humanistically expressed by the performances and the filmmaking that the effect is transcendant.



At times, (or during this film at least) I think of films like great athletic events, like boxing matches or Kobe vs. Lebron or Federer vs. Nadal. In this film SALLY HAWKINS AND EDDIE MARSDAN were the battle for me and I could have watched it all day; how do these actors and characters bounce off each other? What does one fundamentally different character do when just in the mere presences of another fundamen tally different character? How do these situations evolve? There's a certain vitality created when two characters enter the ring with each other; Jarmsuch I think works like this, in which he puts catalystic characters into situations and lets them "interact" or something. Like adding lions to a gladatorial fight. I like acting.


Anyways I really enjoyed the movie. But I think I might be biased because Sally Hawkins's character was unbelievably attractive in my eyes, in both personality and looks. Not grating at all. Like a dreamgirl.

Regardless, the movie is great.


But this post was really just designed to highlight the song of the year (2008), in my eyes.

This is SALEM with "whenusleep".


lyrics

Are you crying when you sleep
Or do you stay up
jacking off
to the thought of me

it's okay to be awkw~~~~
~~~~something~~~ blah~blah~~~
just like me

Are you crying when you sleep
Or do you stay up
jacking off
to the thought of me


ok wow about to pass out. whissky!

2 comments:

George Benjamin Conkin said...

lol, that song is funny, check out this guy 1mc on youtube and there is a link to podcasts that he does. They are all pretty sweet but try the one "light my fire" podcast.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I should post more when I'm drunk because then my insecurities won't be as prevalent and, umm, "inhibiting."

Feh, what do you have to be insecure about? :-)

Here's your mantra, this element of wisdom passed on through generations:

"Every now and then say, 'What the fuck.' 'What the fuck' gives you freedom. Freedom brings opportunity. Opportunity makes your future. Say 'what the fuck.'... If you can't say it, you can't do it."